Monday, December 27, 2010

#6. David Gray - Foundling





This has been the year of David Gray for me. If artists of the year was picked by my play count alone, "Foundling" would come in number one by miles ahead of any other album. I love everything about this album, except the song "Forgetting." I wish I could forget that he ever wrote that. I love David Gray's voice, and how everything he sings seems to spill out of the most genuine place of his heart. His lyrics aren't as strong, and his songs are a little too slow at times. I would have liked to see him shake things up a bit more. Those are the reasons I couldn't justify putting him any closer to the top than number six. I know I've tortured my friends with the constant replaying of this album this year. I'm sorry, but also you're welcome.

Favorite Tracks: "We Could Fall in Love Again Tonight", "In God's Name", and "Davey Jones' Locker."

No comments: