Friday, December 31, 2010

#1. To Be Loved - Thad Cockrell




What makes the number one album of the year? 1. Well it has to be liked enough for me to continue to play it years after this one. 2. It can't have any weak songs or songs I just don't liked. 3. Finally, it has to be from the current year which you're talking about. Unfortunately, Thad Cockrell's album "To Be Loved" can't fit into this list because it's from late 2009.

I had the choice of leaving the number one spot for this year blank since I couldn't find a replacement, or showcasing a truly great album. So, I picked the later. All the qualities that make up a number one album in my mind are there for Cockrell's album. He has beautiful music, very well written lyrics, and perfect vocals. Each one of his songs are equally good, making it impossible to choose a favorite. That is precisely how an album of the year should be! If there is one album you should have purchased in 2010 or should buy in 2011 it should be "To Be Loved." It's sure to be a favorite of mine, and maybe yours, for many years to come.


If I have to choose..
Best tracks: "Sarah", "I Cry."

No comments: