Wednesday, December 29, 2010

#5. All Delighted People EP - Sufjan Stevens





With all the fuss about Sufjan Steven's release of Age of Adz I feel like All Delighted People was severally overlooked. I wish that I enjoyed Age of Adz and could put his LP as my number five spot, but I didn't really enjoy but a few songs. I think the real masterpiece from him this year is his EP. The title track infectiously lingers in your mind while I think every song is unique and unforgettable in its own way. My only issue with this album is the 17 minute long jam for single mothers "Dejohariah." It was a nice thought, but I don't think most single mothers have the time to listen to squawking guitars for 17 minutes. Besides, I prefer songs to be under 10 minutes, but that might be only me and my short attention span.

Favorite Tracks: "Heirloom", "All Delighted People (Classic Rock Version)", and "Enchanting Ghost."

No comments: