Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Fragmentary

This goes to a song I  play on the piano. Yes, lyrics. Let's go to hot topic now and buy each other neon colored shoes.  

 Oh, what a beautiful morning, 
 Until he rushed in with the news. 
 I'm sorry dear but your dreams have died. 
 There was nothing that I could do.
 You shouldn't invest your hopes & fears
 Into someone in a hospital room. 

Let's go back.
From your death to your birth.
Let's get on get on track. 
And recreate your verve. 
Forget what the doctors said,
Forget your weary soul,
Leave it laying cold in the hospital bed. 
I can change things, 
Life won't take it's toll.
I can pick & choose, 
I will play your role.

Oh, what a beautiful mourning. 

Deborah Adams Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, since no one else commented on these lyrics, i guess i'll say that i like them. :)

you all will have to come see me play friday june 20th at chris campbell's college thing.

Catalyst Spark said...

are you serious about the neon shoes at hot topic? 'Cause they have a sale going on right now...

My favorite line is "Leave it lying cold in the hospital bed, I can change things"

Great title too by the way