Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Dream-time Radio Hour.



I see a spark. 
A fire set that none can snuff. 
Nor the rain calm
As you became engulfed.
The sirens will wale, 
The people will fail, 
And all will know, that a glint of fire was once enough. 

I see the smoke. 
That crawled out your gun. 
Though the trigger pressed,
The children did not run. 
Laughter billowed out of each of their lungs. 
They did not fear you, 
So your head was hung. 

I see the oak tree,
With it's roots carved in the ground. 
Though they twisted & pulled,
There was no water to be found. 
The pillars of branches stood in decay, 
With only a nest where a sparrow once lay.

I don't know if it's likely to happen. 
But, it's just a dream I've been having. 

13 comments:

Jim said...

Interesting. Is it symbolic of America? That's how I, at first, took it. A few further reads and I realized that this can apply to a lot of different things. It sounds prophetic, but of what?

Blood in my Eyes said...

Well, there are a few verses that I wrote that I feel are for America, but I didn't put those up. I feel that they can apply to several things, but I'm don't necessarily think they are prophetic. :)

Catalyst Spark said...

i love the first line.

Blood in my Eyes said...

Thank you. :)

Catalyst Spark said...

By the way, other people do Bob Dylan waaaaay better than Bob Dylan does Bob Dylan. Sorry girl, it's a scientific fact.

Blood in my Eyes said...

Oh my, I don't think I've ever heard such blasphemy in my long life. Bob Dylan is a genius, but those words out of any other mouth is not as good. His voice is like sweet honey. Ok that's a lie, but still. :)

Catalyst Spark said...

Never heard such blasphemy? Well then! You should read my book titled "Further Blasphemies". There's a sweet chapter in there on your boy Steve Nash. It's called "The Eternal Sissy".
You'll love it

Blood in my Eyes said...

You, my friend, are just sprinting to hell. What do you have against Steve Nash? Jealous much? I hope you're watching tonight when Nash & his leprechaun mullet beat the crap out of the devil's special little helpers (the spurs.)

Catalyst Spark said...

i wasn't aware that being a steve nash fan was a matter of salvation.

anyway, i have nothing right now. just need a moment of silence for the Suns...it doesn't look good.

Blood in my Eyes said...

Yeah me too. :(

I love my music mix by the way, I listen to it often.

Catalyst Spark said...

Glad to hear it, i do have amazing taste :D

anyway, i dig the Beiruit and Devotcka stuff. Also downloaded all of the Gogol Bordello. pretty fun stuff.

By the way, i lost the tracklisting for The Wind and The Wires. Can I get a new one?

Blood in my Eyes said...

Ohhh man. Should I just post the track listing on here?

Catalyst Spark said...

naw just e-mail it to me

slowlyupward@gmail.com.

thanks