Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Albums That Changed My Life (A Little Late)

Bob Dylan - "Bringing it All Back Home" My last year in Haiti I discovered this little gem and "Never Looked Back" (Dylan fans will get that.) This album made me fall in love with the art of songwriting, and it was the first time I picked up the guitar. It's my favorite album, and it changed my life the most.

Death Cab for Cutie - "Photo Album" It seems like I listened to this album on every drive back from the beach. Whenever I hear beach sounds, or have a sunburn I also hear songs from Photo Album playing in my head.

Bob Dylan - "Modern Times" My Bob Dylan obsession suddenly stopped with this album. Not that this album wasn't good, it was great. I just finally saw him as a normal artist again. I remember cruising in Wilmington, N.C. with this blasting in my Saab. Right before it would die.

Hopefully a new artist will impress me soon, but for now I'm happy with the "life changing" albums I have.


6 comments:

gabeadams said...

You mean Death Cab's "Photo Album" with songs, "Movie Script Ending", "We Laugh Indoors", etc? Photobooth was a song on the Forbidden Love E.P.

erin.mcdaniel said...

deb,

you are amazing! thanks for introducing me to these fantastic artists. feel free to teach me more!

Blood in my Eyes said...

Yikes. I found so many mistakes from that! I should never write a blog at 3am when I'm chatting on facebook and doing my english homework ever again! And yes Gabe, I did mean Photo Album.

Anonymous said...

If you truly are in love with the art of songwriting, then you must listen to Townes Van Zandt...religiously. Bob Dylan has wet dreams about being a quarter of the songwriter Townes Van Zandt was.

Catalyst Spark said...

Townes is pretty good but he's no James Hetfield.

Blood in my Eyes said...

It's doubtful that Bob Dylan would do that. I'm opening to giving him a listen. When are you coming back to the east coast bernard?